Yesterday I did exactly what I wanted when I wanted to do it. I ate what I wanted, I slept when I felt like sleeping, I shopped at a store I liked, I bought the little things I wanted and tend to do without. It was a marvelous day!
I almost wish every day of the year could be that way, but I am too “responsible’ to even try it. Once a year will have to satisfy the urge.
George, on the other hand, didn’t have such a great day…or night. While I was blissfully sleeping, poor George was being constantly awakened by:
- the cat on a bird killing spree (4 down, thousands to go)
- the new doorbell going off for no reason off and on all night (fresh batteries fixed it)
- a thunderstorm which terrorized the dogs who then huddled shaking and whining on George”s chest and/or head (I thought we had an earthquake!)
- the alarm clock being knocked onto the floor by the bird-killer which then went off loudly
- the cat opening the refrigerator three times and checking out the contents.
It was glaringly obvious that the animals were out to get my poor hubby. I told him after he stopped whinging on about it for an hour this morning, “don’t worry sweetie. On YOUR birthday, the creatures will annoy ME”.
George was not impressed.