Gabby Greywhiskers and Larry Paul Brown nominated me for a Lovely Blog Award. Both these gentlemen (well Larry is a gentleman, the verdict is still out on Gabby) write the blog Quest. Go check them out.
Unlike Scotty of the infamous Toy Box, I accept awards. Now, this isn’t to say that award free blogs are bad, because they aren’t. But, MY blog has awards all over it and I think it jazzes up the blog. Poor Scottie has to rely on the written word to spice up his blog.
Now, the “rules”:
- Mention and thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Pass this on to as many people as you can (max 15).
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees.
Seven “facts” about me…this is the good part. I get to brag or blather…you decide which one I am doing!
- I have protested social inequalities since 1969
- I am a member of MENSA, Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Theta Kappa
- I am dyslexic and was undiagnosed until my senior year of college
- I would rather go camping than have a five-star hotel stay or a cruise for a vacation
- To my Mother’s everlasting horror, I can my own vegetables, make pickles and jams…and ENJOY it!
- I am an alcoholic in recovery and a former drug & alcohol counselor
- I once washed my computer keyboard by dunking it into a bucket filled with soapy water and q-tips (in my defense, I was under the influence of pain-killers at the time)
My Nominees for the Lovely Blog Award:
- Queen Robyn of rantingsofamadqueen
- Fandango of This, That and the Other
- Rabbit Patch Diary
- Ehab Shawky of Islamic Methodologies Made Easy
- Jan at Gone With the Wheat
I know I am allowed up to 15 but these five will just have to do. These are blogs that I follow and enjoy. I have learned from them all, laughed with them all, cried with them all. Go read their posts.