I know I am about to shock a lot of people…especially since almost everyone knows I volunteered as a city’s librarian for two years, setting up a library and writing grants for it………but I have never read the following (nor do I plan on it….ever)
- Harry Potter……..nope, never read it..nor any of the Potter books (all 800 bazillion it seems I shelved)
- Like Water for Chocolate…first the title didn’t make any blasted sense at all. second..the title STILL looked stupid
- anything by Ayn Rand or Oscar Wilde………just didn’t seem interesting at all.
- Moby Dick…I had it read to me once..that was enough
- 50 shades of grey..or the next one. Well, that isn’t exactly true. I read to page six…after that it was just porn and I don’t read porn.
- The Hobbit (in my defense, I did try. I stopped after page one)
- anything by James Patterson.
- Harlequin romances………nope, sorry. I don’t do bodice rippers.
- Any vampire books. Well except Dracula…I read that one
- The Art of the Deal………..had to stick that in there. I just can not waste money buying a book written by some jackass that went through 13 bankruptcies and still think’s he’s a “good businessman”.
Now, if it is written in English and NOT on that list? I’ve probably read it, am in the process of reading it or have downloaded it for later.