Thank goodness for bloggers! Just when I thought life was going straight to heck in a handbasket as my grandma used to say, someone NICE comes along and says “you bring sunshine into my life” and gives me this award! Thank you Jane for your kindness and good thoughts! Go check out Jan’es blog “The Planet according to Dom”. Just read a post or twelve and you, too, shall be following this former Spice Girl”!
There are rules (of course there are), but they don’t necessarily apply to me as I consistently break em just to be wierd.
The Rules for The Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or in your blog.
Jane’s Questions: (OHHHHHH, I LOVE these questions!!!!!)
- What is your favourite comedy sketch? okay…first of all I am an American…so this really probably shouldn’t be the one I think is this funniest, but I grew up with BBC tv on public television. and honestly, this one gets me every single time. it’s just so…..stupid!
- Describe yourself in five words stubborn, opinionated, compassionate, intelligent, absurd
- What is the scariest/most extreme thing you’ve ever done? if you mean the thing that a majority of people would be afraid to do, then it was hang-gliding off a cliff. scariest to me was getting a really BIG spider out of my house all by myself!
- What wrongs would you put right if you were invisible for the day? I’d sneak..well I wouldn’t have to sneak as I am invisible…okay, I’d strut into the movie vaults that hold all the truly awful movies shown on Mystery Science Theater 3000 and burn them all! Okay, maybe I would leave “the chicken of Tomorrow” alone as George gets such a kick out of it, but the others are outta here! okay, suppose I should at least TRY to answer seriously……..I’d…………I dunno. I want to make all our idiot senators and congressmen pull their heads out of their nether regions but doubt a single day would do it.
- What’s on your bucket list? visit India…and Canada. Neither one will happen without a lotto win (and I don’t actually BUY lotto tickets) but they are there.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? I once walked on a runway at a non-profit’s fashion show with my dress stuck into the back of my pantyhose. No one bothered telling me and I didn’t have a clue why everyone was either snickering or in shock and gasping. yes, I flashed the Mayor, a city council member, a state senator’s wife and assorted rich people. sigh
- What questions would you like to ask anyone, alive or dead? I’d ask Jesus if what we have today was anything even CLOSE to what He had planned, and how to fix it. Now, I know I probably just angered a LOT of people, but that is honestly what I would ask.
- What’s your view like from Planet Earth today? Hopeful that things will get better. Hopeful that the government won’t implode. Hopeful.
- If your house caught fire, what belongings would you rescue? my strongbox with all documents I need and my dogs. The cats will take care of themselves and George is a grownup.
- Have you ever been stranded abroad? almost. I know, that answer stinks, but it was an almost…and while it wasn’t abroad but in my own country yet 1128 miles away from home without a way there, I think it qualifies. I got back from Israel and Ukraine only to miss a flight. I had a non-transferable, non-refundable ticket and zero cash. I don’t do credit cards either. I was stuck at LaGuardia airport in NYC and lived in Texas. Boy, that was fun. Arguing with the ticket people did nothing but annoy me, it was their airlines fault I missed a flight, not mine, but they didn’t care. I couldn’t even get a voucher for a hotel..not even a fleabag hotel. A total stranger bought me a ticket on a flight home.
- Have you ever appeared on TV / radio? television once…age 17, singing a solo on a trip to Jacksonville Florida with my high school concert choir and band. the local news did a spot on us and my solo during the concert was shown. Radio…a whole bunch of times. I gave public service announcements about alcohol and drug addiction on a local station, once a week for six years.
eleven blogs and eleven questions….. MY WAY
Harini Arshi Red Britt Haider Sumyanna Cathy Mandibelle And anyone who tries to bring a little sunshine into the world through their writing…take this award. If you do not do awards, then know that you all have brought light into my life through your writings and this is my way of honoring you.
- You are now King or Queen of your very own country. What is its name and where is it?
- How do you know you are real and not just a dream in someone else’s mind?
- What is the best and worst name for a child?
- If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
- What is the wierdest thing you have ever seen in someone else’s home?
- Think of a product for sale. Now name it the worst name imaginable for that product.
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on a pizza?
- Is cereal soup? why or why not?
- What is the worst job in the world?
- If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, which one could you win?
- Were these the best or worst questions ever in any blog award and why?
Have fun! LOL