It all started with the mess my beloved made in our guest/craft/computer/television room. I created a work space for his bench by converting a closet. He, being the adorable man he is (read that as annoying as all get out!) made a HUGE mess of it. Paints, thousands of them, covered the work space…model parts were hanging on to the edges of the bench or hanging from the ceiling…….plastic sheets were spread out all over the room……..decals were quite literally on every surface.
So, in an attempt to reclaim some much needed space I ordered a shed (better built barns in case anyone in Oklahoma or Texas wants one), set it up with insulation, electrical, finished the sheet rock walls and ceilings, painted the blasted thing and hung an 8 foot shelf for display.
Then (this week) I have emptied out my antique display case and two bookcases and schlepped them outside to the shed. George dragged home a broken large foot pedaled trashcan which I fixed, cleaned and took out there. I installed a window a/c unit and found two small working space heaters for his use. I sorted out boxed models that he has “collected” (“look hun, they still have the original coverings from 1962!”) and filled the loft area with them…in order of make, model, year built and manufacturer!!!!!!
You’d think it would all be over now.
Nope. He still has to clear off the top of the work bench and move it…two tall steel shelving units need to go out…..then everything in those shelves and on that workbench needs to be moved.
After all of that…….then and only then……….I can “build” a bedframe for the closet, add the futon mattress and build in shelves……move two reclyners, move the futon frame somewhere other than here…..cut the door opening bigger in the room so a chiffarobe will fit in the space and I can use the door in the bedroom. THEN, I need to move out the queen sized bed and move in two adjustable twin sized beds………..then…….(yes, there is more)……….then we open up the closet in the bedroom and build stairs to the attic. THEN………………OMG! Kill me now!