That today is Sunday! Yep, it is and it’s half over and I haven’t “accomplished” a blessed thing……
Ya know when people have told me that Sunday is supposed to be a ‘day of rest, it says so in the Bible. Even God rested”……..I want to smack them! I do! I’ll admit it, those people either have no danged idea what they are speaking of or they are male.
Now, I have absolutely NOTHING against the male of the species…BUT, when they say something so irrational I just want to turn into Psycho-Suze and wop em with a baseball bat!
Day of rest my patootie! This is the very FIRST Sunday in donkey’s years that I haven’t had to:
- clean the entire house
- cook a huge family meal
- wash all the danged dishes after that meal
- pour soda’s or assorted other drinks for the football/baseball/basketball/soccer/boxing/Olympics/skiing/WHATEVER sports watchers camped out in front of the boob tube
- Cook ANOTHER huge family meal
- wash the second set of dishes after that second meal
- take the dogs for a walk
- sweep the floors
- take out the trash
- pack up all the left-over food for assorted children and/or spouses and/or children
and somehow manage to get to bed sometime before Monday rolls around.
DAY OF REST?
Well, today was that day. I have done absolutely NOTHING that I personally did not wish to do.
I read a short story while lazily drinking my first cup of coffee.
I made cinnamon rolls because I wanted one.
I hemmed a pair of jeans because I wanted to.
I decorated my shelf…again because I wanted to.
I sang at the top of my lungs my favorite songs and thought if I annoyed anyone, that was just too danged bad…but that was their problem.
I made a set of curtains that I wanted.
Frankly, this day of “rest” felt so good, I am planning on doing it again tomorrow!