I was quite happily tearing apart the antique settee yesterday in hopes I could reupholster it today…and I cut up my hands pulling out upholstery staples, and I wrenched my back ripping off old trim…………
This morning I was fretting that I wouldn’t be able to finish it and I would be stuck with this in my living room until the next warm dry spell…
Now, I don’t know how anyone else feels about deconstruction….but while I adore tearing things up then fixing them, leaving a torn up settee in my living room is NOT my idea of fun.
I thought at least I could paint the thing this morning (yes, even though I could barely move), so George and I carted it outside and I spray painted it. I stink at spray painting but it actually didn’t look too bad after three coats.
After lunch, We dragged it back inside and I thought “I can do a little bit of it”…….
Yeah….I don’t know HOW to do a little bit..so i finished putting the fabric on, nailed all the staples once they were in just to make sure the fabric was tight. Now all I have to do is glue or tack on the trim to cover the staples.
I have some lovely golden tan braid for it…..but I can barely move and I am typing with my one finger that doesn’t have a bandage on it…so the trim has to wait. At least Gunnar approves of it now.
Yes, the floors need to be replaced….that is for NEXT year.