Marilyn Armstrong asked and answered 25 questions, which prompted a blogger buddy (Fandango) to do the same…which prompted me (out of extreme boredom and lack of anything worthwhile to do until George wakes up) to do the same. Here they are, Marilyn’s questions with my answers.
If so inclined, do the same and pass on the questions to the next bored schmuck to complete!
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
I actually don’t hate paying any of them. I appreciate the fact that I have a home (now completely paid off), electricity for lights, gas for heat and hot water, internet, phone, insurance………..I don’t pay for medical as I utilize the free clinic (see, there IS a benefit to being poor and not having insurance).
2. When was the last time you had a romantic dinner?
well, that will be tonight. It is George’s birthday (he’s now just as old as I am!)..maybe I should have said he is two weeks younger..that sounds better somehow.
3. What do you really want to be doing?
Camping. But I have to wait until George gets five days off in a row (should be October) before we can go.
4. How many colleges did you attend?
five? six? no, wait…I don’t know. Elon University (but it was a small college way back then), No Va Community College, George Mason University (one semester only but it still counts), J. John Tyler Comm. College, Germanna community College, International Bible College and Seminary, Texas A&M, and I took several courses at University of Maryland (distance classes). how many is that?
5. Why did you choose the shirt you have on?
It has pockets. I need pockets to put stuff in. Pockets are the best invention in the history of mankind….
6. Thoughts on gas prices?
Since we only fill up the truck twice a month, I have no opinion.
7. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning?
What alarm? I have an alarm? Are you sure?
8. Last thought you have before you go to bed?
Did I set up the coffee pot?.
9. Do you miss being a child?
10. What errand/chore do you despise the most?
Grocery shopping. What an utter waste of money and time. To put it very bluntly, food turns to shit and why would I want to spend money on it?.
11. Up early or sleep in?
12. Pet’s names?
Theodore J Cat, Pywacket, Stinkey Fromm, Dasher, Gunnar
13. Favorite lunch meat?
anything but Spam!
14. What do you get every time at Wal-Mart?
I can’t afford Walmart.
15. Beach or lake?
camping..on a lake, a beach, a desert, mountainside, up a tree. I don’t care.
16. Is marriage overrated?
17. Ever crashed your vehicle?
of course I have. Once a deer leaped into the side of the car as I slowed down another deer wouldn’t hit me…sigh..once I slammed into the back of a police car cause the idiot behind me forgot to stop. Once I sort of drove into a river……Once I drove into a mailbox and knocked the side view mirror off the car. In my defense, two of those accidents were not my fault, and the others occurred while I was still drinking.
18. Strangest place you’ve brushed your teeth?
on top of Mt Musa in St Catherine’s, Egypt waiting for the sun to rise over the Holy Land.
19. Somewhere you’ve never been but want to go?
Oz……….oh, sorry. Not Dorothy’s OZ (although……) but Australia.
20. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career?
Are you kidding me?
21. How old are you?
22. Do you have a go to person?
23. Are you where you want to be in life?
24. Growing up what were your favorite cartoons?
Rocky and Bullwinkle!
25. What do you think has changed about you since you were a teenager?
My health……and I am more stubborn now.