It’s been three weeks now since the television has been silenced. I’ve noticed a number of rather odd things have occurred as a result.
- George now eats dinner at the table with me. It’s been at least 25 years since that has happened.
- I read more blogs now.
- I read more books now.
- I paint more furniture now..in lighter and brighter colors than before.
- I sleep eight hours a night (when I sleep).
- I laugh more now.
- The letters I send to our elected officials are fewer but more erudite and demanding of change.
- I volunteer even more than I usually do.
- I sew more..I have three quilts in different stages of development and a couple of blouses ready to sew together.
- George and I watch more movies together. Hard to watch two dvd’s at a time on one telly.
One the negative side though I have also noticed that when I hear the idiot-in-chief’s voice on the radio I cuss a whole lot more. My dreams have become more of an Apocalyptic-challenge-in-living-and-avoiding-zombies than just random things. I am playing more online games and chatting more to other gamers online. I write less blog posts…….
I’m pretty sure I will easily fall back into eating alone, writing more letters and blog posts, and sewing less when the telly is once more reconnected…but I am not willing to give up the other “good stuff”.
I am though, extremely ready to stop dreaming about zombies!