reblog: originally published 3-16-16
I saw the 73 Questions Quiz listed on a website (Vogue) and thought, “I want to do that”………..then wondered “would anyone actually CARE to read the answers?”…..After long self-debate (all of a minute and a half) I decided to do it anyway. If ya’ll want to do the same feel free to ping back me so I can see your answers too! So, without further ado………Here’s………SUZE!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
no, I wasn’t. My mother named me after dreaming.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
On the day I heard my estranged son’s voice for the first time in ten years
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
no, it is chicken scratch
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH?
baked chicken breast, stir fried brussel sprouts and fresh fruit salad
5. INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER?
HUH? I don’t even know what Instagram is and though I have a twitter account I do not know how to Twit either!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
oh my lord, YES with a capital Y……..
7. DO YOU BAKE?
yes, mostly breads
8. DO YOU LIKE FLYING?
yes, especially in open cockpit planes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
.not if I was offered ten bazillion dollars and a facelift!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
Grits. Surprised you with that one, didn’t I? Yep, I am a Southern Lady with a capital L and we KNOW that grits are actually the ONLY cereal worth eating with every meal!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
my shoes don’t have any laces
12. DO YOU THINK YOU’RE STRONG?
I know I am strong. I have survived things that would have made others completely give up..the death of a child, estrangement from family, homelessness, rape, an abusive spouse, a verbally abusive sibling, an emotionally distant mother, loss of health…and I am still here, I am still up-beat and happy and know that life is worthwhile.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
the way they hold themselves….their posture
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
that my time on earth is running out
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
my daddy. He was the most important person in my life and years after he has passed I still miss him every day
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST BOOK YOU READ BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS READING IT?
I never read books because everyone else is reading it. I choose to read after seeing an especially good review or if a friend recommends it, or if my favorite authors have new ones available. The last book I read is “Pathfinders” by Aidan J Reed, a fellow blogger.
19. WHAT FILM MADE YOU CRY THE MOST?
The Passion of the Christ
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
brussel sprouts and baked chicken
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Judge Judy yelling at a defendant on her tv show
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVOURITE SMELL?
newly mown grass
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Angela, my best friend/sister/mother/daughter……it’s kind of hard to describe what she means to me
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
beach house..oh wait. does the mountain hideaway also have horses to ride? then I want the mountains thank you very much!
26. FAVOURITE SPORT TO WATCH?
NONE of them…but if forced then Golf, because the golfers all make such stupid movements right before they hit the ball
27. HAIR COLOUR?
White and grey
28. EYE COLOUR?
29. PUPPIES OR KITTENS?
Kittens…………but I like dogs better than cats
30. FAVOURITE FOOD?
Reese’s cups: chocolate and peanut butter candies
31. SCARY FILM OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. There is enough real life stuff to be scared to watch it on tv or movies
32. LAST FILM YOU WATCHED?
The 2nd Best Marigold Hotel
33. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
D-Day by Stephen E Ambrose
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer, winter is tolerable but the cold bothers my joints now that I have reached the “golden years”
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
Cheesecake…preferably home-made with a graham cracker crust
37. FAVOURITE ROOM IN YOUR HOUSE?
my living room….it is beyond colorful!
38. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ON FACEBOOK?
around ten years I think.
39. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COUNTRY TO VISIT?
That’s hard. I adore Mexico……..I loved Israel…….I loved Egypt…………..but since I actually wanted to move to Guatemala it’s probably there. Except, I could visit Israel or Egypt over and over again so it could be either one of them.
40. WHAT WAS THE LAST COUNTRY YOU VISITED?
Guatemala. My husband and I finally went on a honeymoon (yes the KIDS were in their late thirties so it took a while for us to do) and we went on a medical and teaching mission…….but it was wonderful!
42. FAVOURITE SOUND?
my husband’s voice.
43. ROLLING STONES OR THE BEATLES?
the Beatles. The stones were okay but the music the Beatles created changed the entire music industry…and were far prettier.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Egypt….St Catherine’s monastery in the lower sinai to be exact….on top of a mountain watching the sun rise over the Holy Land
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
no. I wish I did though
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Alexandria, Virginia, USA
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Enid, Oklahoma…the most wonderful city in the world.
48. FAVOURITE HITCHCOCK MOVIE?
50. FAVOURITE TV SERIES THAT’S ON NOW.
well, it WAS Downton Abbey until the series ended last week. now there isn’t one. I just have to wait for Masterpiece theater to start up with a new one. Second place goes to NCIS.
51. DARK CHOCOLATE OR MILK CHOCOLATE?
WHITE Chocolate. If I can’t have white, then give me milk.
52. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE DRINK?
Diet Dr Pepper……sweet tea comes in a close second
53. WHO IS YOUR GIRL CRUSH?
What the hell is a girl crush?
54. WHAT WAS THE FIRST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA?
Sleeping Beauty…or Fantasia. It’s difficult to remember the 1950’s and 60’s
55. HEELS OR FLATS?
I would SO much rather wear high heels…preferable really tall ones..except my back is too damned old to allow it anymore. so now it is flats whether I like them or not.
56. FAVOURITE BED TIME STORY?
Nothing comes to mind here.
57. BATH OR SHOWER?
Bath if I have time to waste
58. WHATS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING A MUM?
Letting go…….raising kids is hard but the tough times come in spurts. It is the waving goodbye and knowing they will only be home for brief visits when they think about it that is hard.
59. FAVOURITE BAND?
The Manhattan Transfer
60. FAVOURITE SOLO ARTIST?
61. TO BE OR NOT TO BE?
to be what exactly? are we talking life or death like Hamlet was or are we just being “cute”? Because if it is life over death then life for sure. any other answer would be ridiculous
62. WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE OF YOUR AUTOBIOGRAPHY?
Achieving snarkiness in two easy lessons
63. BEST GIFT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?
my husband’s love
64. BEST GIFT YOU’VE EVER GIVEN?
six months rental fees on a house for a total stranger
65. FAVOURITE FRUIT?
66. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST PET?
a budgie (parakeet for Americans)
67. FAVOURITE BOARD GAME?
Risk……….I LOVE taking over the entire world in a war game
68. HOW DO YOU HAVE YOUR COFFEE?
with one sugar and a little cream
69. BEST INVENTION?
of all time? or of MY time? probably the wheel actually. without that we wouldn’t have done very much else with this world besides throwing spears at large furry things hoping for a meal. Of MY time on the planet? the computer.
70. DIAMONDS OR PEARLS?
Turquoise…….I could care less about diamonds or pearls. I have both and wear none.
71. BLOW DRY OR AIR DRY?
My hair is so short it would be foolish to even plug in a dryer…my hair would be dry before I could accomplish that. it air dries.
72. CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE SHAMPOO?
whatever. they all have the same ingredients.
73. HOW DIFFICULT WAS IT TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
the hardest question to answer was the autobiography one. I think mine is within the pages of my blog so why would I even write another? The rest were actually quite easy to do. finding illustrations for them is much harder.