Oh golly, I am suddenly channeling Jack Webb! For those who do not know, he was a character on an old 1960’s television show about law enforcement…..he annoyingly said each and every episode “just the facts, Ma’am”.
Things have been stated on the news lately that I just want to clarify. The statements by the President and certain members of the Senate and House are ALL wrong, and people need to know they are wrong. (I figure my grand daughter doesn’t know so this is a public service for her and her high school buddies).
- The President can NOT change the Constitution through an executive order.
- The ARMY can NOT be used as “police”. They may be sent to the southern border, but once there can do NOTHING about the immigrant situation.
- The President can not arbitrarily dissolve Medicare or Social Security through an executive order.
- The Republican Party does NOT want to protect those with pre-existing conditions. Mr. McConnell stated LAST WEEK, that if the senate and house stay Republican, the ACA will once again be up for discussion on how to repeal it and NOT REPLACE IT WITH ANYTHING AT ALL.
- The Republicans in the house have voted to repeal the ACA 70 times in the last two years. SEVENTY. Pay attention. If they are saying they want your healthcare protected they are LYING.
- yes, immigrants DID tear down a fence…it was located between Guatemala and Mexico.
- NO, Democrats did NOT vote against a Social Security COLA. The cost of living increases are determined by a preset formula and never come up for a vote.
Hope these few facts help to settle down the uninformed and gullible.