Di has quite obviously lost her mind…I can’t think of any other reason she would nominate me for this award. Versatile? ME? Well, I do tend to change subjects rapidly…and they tend to be arbitrary, so I suppose I could qualify there…..Whatever her reason was……I am so proud she did.
Di is the lovely lady behind Pensitivity101, and if you haven’t checked out her blog (and started following her every word) then either you haven’t been paying attention or………well, I don’t know what you are actually. probably too busy…BUT, check her out. She’s brilliant!
There are rules….of course there are…and I may or may not actually follow them all. Hey, I am versatile that way!
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
1. If you are nominated, Congratulations you have been awarded the Versatile blogger award! (check)
2. Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog. (check) (( look! I did two already!))
3. Select 10 -15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (((this is gonna take a while..bear with me)))
4. Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I think I want to talk about me for a bit……but SEVEN things? seriously, why so many?
- I really don’t like talking about myself. I would so much rather people talk abut me…nicely of course.
- I began blogging as an online diary of my thoughts, feelings..and traveling experiences for my sons. I wanted to leave a written record of just who their mom is…and it turned into this. Now, what exactly “this” is….you’d have to make up your own minds. I have no description that actually encompasses my blog.
- I have a computer literate dog…he also has his very own flip phone. Yes, he knows what they are for and how to use them. Gunnar, I semi-seriously believe, is the reincarnation of Steve Jobs. I have come home from various places to discover that my computer was no longer on the online game I was playing, but now had fifty-even windows open and skype running. he has called my friend Angie, both on the phone and skype. He has taken pictures of himself USING the computer. (no, I still have a hard time doing that). I realize talking about Gunnar isn’t really talking about ME, but I live with this dog and it is worth mentioning.
- I am a DAMNED GOOD COOK.
- I would rather go camping than stay in a five star hotel. I have done both and camping is wayyyyy better!
- I LOVE colour. I don’t love color though. The English spelling actually is far closer to what I adore. I have noticed that the English spell with more flair than Americans, speak more beautifully (gotta love those accents) but are less prone to vibrant colours than Americans….I like bright vivid colours that other people cringe when exposed to…..and I have no idea where I am going with this subject so I am changing it.
- (yes! the last one!!!) I change subjects rapidly because I have the attention span of a gnat on most subjects. oh, I can blather and/or pontificate for WEEKS on certain subjects but the vast majority I don’t care enough about more than to say a single sentence.
Now, I am supposed to nominate either new bloggers I just started following (I think) or someone else…….can you tell my attention has flitted away?
Okay, how about I just nominate a few that, while I rarely leave comments there, I adore their posts…….
Lord Joe (yes, he is a for real LORD! Woot!) of The Diary of a country Bumpkin
Irene of My Slice of Mexico and Boy, does Irene have some great recipes!
MommaTrek of Boldly Going Forward
Dr. Rex of It Is What It Is
Kim of Keto for Beginners
okay..breaking the rules now..anyone reading this that wants this award (or just wants to share seven things about themselves) PLEASE accept this award. I’d love to see your responses!
And, once again…Thank you Di. This came to cheer me up when I really needed it. Bless your heart (BUT only in a GOOD way, not the typical SOUTHERN bad way!)