In writing down the things that have caused me stress over the past few months I came up with this…..
- George’s near fatal heart problems
- George’s open heart surgery
- seeing a video of some of his surgery
- having to travel 50+ miles one way, twice a day for almost a month
- realizing we have zero income for a period of two months beginning in December
- George losing his health insurance due to job loss
- Having to deal with the VA minions…….
- having to deal with the Social Security Administration
- Coming home the day of George’s surgery and finding a broken water pipe under the kitchen sink
- having to recognize that our 16 year old dog is on his literal last legs and may not make it through the next week.
- Having George home all the time since he is “retired”
Then there were the good stressors:
- George surviving the open heart surgery
- having close friends that would spend time with me driving back and forth to the hospital
- having George’s boss keep him on insurance for a month after he had to quit
- Having George’s pharmacist pay for George’s meds because his insurance had been cancelled
- getting the bathroom upgraded and all plumbing fixed.
- Having George recover his strength so quickly
- Having George at home all the time now he is “retired” (admit it, ya knew his one would be here too)
- Having George’s Social Security become approved
- Getting the VA to admit that “yes George is a VET and yes he DOES get free health care now”
- Having the VA pay for all of George’s meds except one…that costs less than 1 dollar for a three month supply.
I look at this short list and think “oh lordie, there are so many other things I could put here” and is it any wonder I am not sleeping?