Sadje of Life after 50 for women nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Thank you so very Much! I love these things. I know I have received this one before (well, okay….twice before) but I am SO grabbing it again………and for Heaven’s sake, go check out Sadje if you don’t know her work. She is incredible!
What is Mystery Blogger award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. –Okoto Enigma
Rules for the following are:
• Put the award logo/image on your blog. (I did this)
• List the rules. (I did this too)
• Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (yup..got er done)
• Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (well DUH…look up there!)
• Tell your readers 3 things about yourself. (oops….give me a chance)
• You have to nominate 10-20 people. I wanna do a different number…just cause…RULES! ICK)
• Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog. (again…DUH)
• Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question. (sigh…fine)
• Share a link to your best posts. (do I even HAVE best posts????)
Okay, Okay…three things about me…..
- I’d rather be camping
- I love to quilt but refuse to do any shapes except rectangles or squares
- I can fix almost any mechanical object after just looking at it for a bit.
1. Have you every been surprised by your own achievements? Yes. I was given the Athena Award a few years ago for mentoring women, being at the height of my profession and professional ethics. Could have knocked me over with a feather.
2. A surprise holiday is granted; What will you do? Camping! honestly, what else?
3. Have you ever kept a diary or maybe a food diary? If so can you tell us something about it? I tried when I was about 12..my brothers read my first two entries, teased me horribly and I threw it away. never have since.
4. Jack and Jill went up the hill to…………..? (Funny, if it’s not apparent already!😜) fornicate? supposedly to get a pail of water…but who ever heard of ANY well at the TOP of a hill?
5. How do you think your input has made a difference in the world around you? Something or other that I said to all of my former drug addicted clients stuck with them…when my facility was open my recidivism rate was under 3%. I still hear from about 250- 300 people each year letting me know they are still sober…so somehow, something I said made sense to them. I am just grateful they are leading better and more productive lives now.
Kim of Keto for Beginners
Barbara of Teleportingweena
Mel of CrushedCaramel
Trina of Itsgoodtobecrazysometimes
Tessa of Always a Writer
and I am pretty sure five is equivalent to 10-15 in someone’s universe……….
My Questions for the five who all equal 10-15…..
- you look in your fridge and see the following: two eggs, a bag of fresh spinach, a jar of jelly, pickles (sweet not dill) a rasher of bacon and some French dressing. What do you do for dinner?
- Give me your best answer (screw modesty) to “why were you nominated?”
- If you were stuck writing non-fiction for the rest of your bloggery term..what subject would you write about?
- Yes or no, and why or why not??? aren’t these the BEST questions EVER?
- If you could rename your blog, what would you name it?
My “best” posts…………….. Although I wish I knew what the criteria for “best” is….
- A rose by any other name received a BUNCH of reads. dunno if it was good though
- My mother would have been 97 today was a really difficult admission to write. still don’t think it’s very good though.
- Nothing can ever be sunshine and lolipops . Personally, I think it is silly…but I got a ton of shares and a lot of strange traffic so it must have hit a chord with someone…
Okay nominees….YOUR TURN!