Barbara, over at TeleportingWeena, had a question and answer post about high school……….so (of course) I had to steal it. Free free to do the same…just copy and paste then use your own answers. Mine are already taken!
Think about your SENIOR year in High School. The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!
I graduated from Robert E Lee High School in Springfield, Virginia. Our logo/teams was the Lancers. Our school colors were Royal blue and Gold.
1. Did you know your current significant other? Yes, George and I met in the fourth grade.
2. Make and year of car? I didn’t have a car until my sophomore year in college.
3. What kind of job? Arthur Treacher’s Fish and Chips……an absolutely horrible fast food chain.
4. Where did you live? with my parents
5. Were you popular? No. I had about seven great friends and 20 acquaintances.
6. Were you in choir? yes. The concert choir for four years. I LOVED it…except the solos.
7. Ever get suspended from school? No. My Mother would have killed me
8. If you could, would you go back? Hell NO!
9. Still talk to the person that you went to prom with? No. He died in Viet Nam.
10. Did you skip school? No..see number 7 above.
11. Go to all the football games? No, I went to five football games in my four years at Lee. I just wasn’t interested.
12. Favorite subject? Mathematics
13. Do you still have your yearbooks? n..I lost them in an L.A. mudslide in the 70’s.
14. Did you follow the career path you planned? no. I wanted to be an archaeologist
15. Did you have a class ring? yes, it was gold with a “sapphire’ stone in it. oval setting. lancer on the right side and us flag on the left. the school name engraved around the stone, and the year on either side of the stone
16. Still close with your best friend? No, she died in Beirut (she was a journalist) in 1983 in the bombing of the American Embassy
17. Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Susan David who taught English…and basic morals, to each of us.
18. What was your style?
long skirts, halter tops (usually leather or suede), or gauzy blouses, low (really low) cut jeans with elephant bell legs, a floppy leather hat with a braided band, or a string and bead headband across my forehead. Long shoulder bag usually suede and fringed, or made from old jeans and embroidered. dr. scholl’s sandals (when I wore shoes) or platform shoes…I also had a pair of knee high leather moccasins that I wore completely out. Micro-mini skirts with matching underwear…thigh high spike heeled boots…….sheesh, I can’t believe some of the stuff I wore……….what i really can’t get over is i’d STILL wear it all!
19. Favorite shoes? Dr Scholl’s sandals
21. Favorite music? Rock n Roll
22. High school Hair? long enough to sit on, straight, with bangs
23. What kind of cologne/perfume? Tabu
24. How old when graduated? 18
25. Did you play a sport? oh Hell no. Sports were so not cool.