***** FOR THOSE WANTING TO KNOW THE PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG: When you figure it out, please tell me what it is. thanks*****
I tend to take an adversarial position on almost every subject, usually while trying to keep my honest opinion to myself. Yes, I do enjoy arguing.
I was born and raised in Virginia, have visited almost every state in the Union, and have lived in about fifteen of those states at various times in my life. I was “stuck” in Texas for almost twenty years and remember fondly one year of those twenty. Living in Texas did allow me to hone my sarcasm to an art though, and I learned how to disengage rather than conduct a battle of wits with the unarmed natives.
I also claim no political party, but I might be (in another blogger’s words) a “flaming liberal and damned proud of it!
I claim no religion……in my mind, spirit (soul if you so define it) I believe there are MANY ways to connect with a higher power/God/spirit. Anyone saying there is just ONE way is either uneducated/illiterate/bigoted/proselytized/prejudiced/arrogant/ill-informed/stupid…IN MY OPINION. Agree or not, I don’t care.
I have several siblings, most of whom are estranged. Their loss quite frankly. I love them, I just don’t like them very much.
I have been married forever to Poor George. He is only called “poor” because the Poor man has been married to me for donkey’s years. We live in Enid, Oklahoma and I have to quietly admit it is the very best place on the entire planet to live!
So welcome to Suziland, the place where my mind wanders with words.
Yes, I used to be model thin and gorgeous, but I woke up……….sigh
For those with a serious bent here are my life accomplishments (so far at any rate):
- Recipient of the “Proud of Myself Badge” created by fellow blogger Cheryl at The Bag Lady.
- Recipient of the Athena Award. Given by the Marble Falls, Lake LBJ Chamber of Commerce for professionalism, ethics and the mentoring of women.
- Counselor of the year, Burnet County Chamber of Commerce
- Phi Beta Kappa, International Bible College and Seminary
- Phi Theta Kappa, Germanna Community College
- Gave testimony to the Texas State Senate hearings on licensure requirements for Addictions Counselors and women re-entering the workforce
- Founder of a half-way house for women in recovery, Burnet, Texas
- Founder of the Cottonwood Shores public Library
- Councilmember: Cottonwood Shores City Council, 2 terms